Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Monday, January 7, 2013

Repurposed Cards

As promised, here is a picture of the basket I made from this year's holiday cards:
While I was blanket stitching around the pieces, I kept having a sense of deja vu.  I know I haven't made one of these before, but it felt so familiar.  (Could it be the mysterious D.A. vibe again?  Naaaawwhh - can you really imagine Lady Mary making one of these?)  Anyway, I think it turned out to be something cute and I got the idea for it and the snowflake thingy (see previous post) here.  I'd like to try one of the burlap wreaths they show in their December/January issue. 

This afternoon I plan to make Orecchiette with Sausage, a recipe from an ancient issue of Tastes of Italia magazine (I think November 2006 qualifies for ancient).  It looks pretty simple to make and the husband deserves a nice dinner since he was back to school this morning and I have the next 8 weeks off with my foot.  I haven't attempted home made pasta, but this looks like I can do it with minimal time on my feet...

No comments: