Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Preparing for spring

Looky, looky - something to do with all the empty toilet paper rolls I can't seem to bring myself to throw away!  I found the idea on Pinterest here.  This is my stupid-simple tutorial (like you couldn't figure this out by yourself...)

You need these:
Cut the tubes in half.  No, don't measure them (unless you're that kind of bear), just eyeball it.  Then, squish in half one way...




Squish in half the other way...








Use the fold lines as a cutting guide to make 3/4" (or so) cuts:






Bend the flaps in toward the center,





Then overlap them like you are closing the top of a cardboard box:


Pretty cool, yes?  Now to plant some seeds.  I think tomatoes, since they need a real head start here.







Meanwhile, here's how things are looking in my herb garden...

I've had to bundle everyone up the past few nights due to overnight temperatures in the 20's.  Brrrr....
Snoozing under the blankets are my dwarf lemon tree, lavender bush and rosemary bush. What's going on in your garden?


This post has been linked to Homemade Mondays, Week 11.  Many cool ideas - check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this! Finally, a real use for leftover toilet paper rolls. No matters who's idea it is, thanks for sharing. xoxo Mina