Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Woman with heavy machinery...

I decided it was time to do something about the copper pinwheels I started a while back.  So off I went to Home Depot (my home away from home) looking for a soldering iron.  Once I explained to the woman in the tools department what I wanted to do, she said I didn't need a soldering iron, I needed a
 torch.
Well.  That was a little daunting.  She explained how to use it and that it was much more versatile than a soldering iron.  I mentioned that after I'd soldered the pinwheels to the copper tubes, I could then make creme brulee and she said indeed, I could.  So I got it.  I've always wanted to make creme brulee...

I finished adding wires to the pinwheels,
then sallied forth into the yard, torch in hand to attach them.  And you know what?  It worked!


 They aren't super-fancy, but I can always add to them later.




They even twirl in the breeze :)



And the really great thing is, THEY'RE OFF MY DINING ROOM TABLE AND IN THE GARDEN!













Now all I need is a good creme brulee recipe...

2 comments:

Vintage Green said...

Yeah!! I have a iron and a torch and I have to say I am more comfortable with the iron.
But creme brulee sounds enticing...

Good job on the pinwheels!!!

Walk in the Woods said...

Those are so nice! You've inspired me to make something similar for my gardens … might hoist a can from a soda-drinking friend and see how upcycling a can for the pinwheel plays out. It'll be small … but that's OK!

Thanks for the inspiration!