Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Modern Times

This is my Seurat/Lichtenstein take on Charlie Chaplin.
Last Friday evening the husband and I went with some friends to the Henderson Pavilion to see Chaplin's Modern Times.  The Henderson symphony orchestra played Chaplin's original score, so it was a double delight.  The only thing I could have done without was sitting in the intense heat - it was 106 degrees, and that was at 8 p.m.  Welcome to summer in the desert...

I'm sure that Mr. Chaplin would be pleased to know that people of all ages are still watching and enjoying his work!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Julia!! This is so cool!!

That sounds like fun......except for the 106 degrees. Although, today our high was 60 degrees. Somewhere in the middle? I would take that!!