Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

RIP - Maurice Sendak

Thank you, Mr. Sendak.  You will be missed.

What is your favorite Maurice Sendak book?  While I love Where the Wild Things Are, I think my favorite is Outside Over There.  Something about brave "Ida, with her wonder horn" who dares to face the goblins in order to rescue her baby sister really appeals to me.  I love the hero's journey.  Such a strange, atmospheric, lyrical book.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

So far I have read Where the Wild Things Are with two generations. Not sure who enjoyed it more.:)

marilyn said...

I will be on the lookout for Outside Over There. May Maurice Sendak's books and talents last for many more generations.