I needed to make three of these hoops:
It's a really good idea NOT to knock over the can of primer and get purple gook all over the work area like I did. Grrr. It's also a good idea if you're modifying someone else's plans that you need to think things through completely, which I thought I did but obviously did not because when I put everything together, I hadn't reckoned on bracing the longer sides. I did not take a picture of that small disaster, but trust me, it was not pretty. Back to Home Depot for another length of pipe and then:
Ta-DA!!! Thank the gods for zip ties. What a marvelous creation.
Then things got really exciting because the wind kicked up as I was trying to wrestle with the plastic sheeting...
This is as far as I got and then decided to quit because the wind wasn't going to. The very next day I had at it again, and
Success! It gets pretty toasty and my seedlings love it. I bought an inexpensive thermometer to put in there and found I had to open the plastic a bit because it was 90 degrees inside after just a couple of hours! It's not beautiful to look at, but it IS functional.
I wish I wasn't so dumb about building things. I'm sure it takes me twice as long just because I have no experience. But I figure I learn something with every project, so perhaps in 10 years I'll be able to zip through stuff like a pro...
This post is linked to Homemade Mondays