Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Yummies...

Do you know what these are?  If you're from Ohio, I know you do.

These are buckeyes.  Not the kind off the tree, but lovely peanut butter-chocolate goodness.  I just got finished making a ton of them to give as gifts, along with rum balls (those were last weekend) and peppermint bark.  There hasn't been this much sugar in my kitchen since last December.  Kind of scary...

I KNOW you want to make these, so here's the recipe:

Mix together very well:
1 lb powdered sugar, 1/4 lb melted butter, 12 1/2 oz jar peanut butter (smooth or crunchy - I always use smooth, so I can't vouch for the results when using crunchy).  Form into balls the size of buckeyes (or walnuts, for those of you who are not acquainted with buckeyes).  Refrigerate overnight or until firm.

THEN, melt 2 1/2tablespoons of paraffin wax in a double boiler with 1 cup of chocolate chips.  Put toothpick in peanut butter ball and dip in melted chocolate.  Put on waxed paper and cool.

Big smiles, sticky fingers.


No comments: