Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fiber Update

The mitten is almost finished!
my first mitten, minus thumb
Yes, I am fairly impressed with myself, thank you very much.  By tomorrow I hope to have it finished and a start on the other one.  Happy.

More fiber news:  remember the hideous mohair?  Well I got it plied.  It looks pretty nice.  One more bag to go.  AND there is a challenge going on at my favorite yarn shop to create a skein of novelty yarn, which I did.
novelty yarn on top, mohair on bottom
Guess what the novelty yarn is???  A couple of years ago, one of my students brought me a bag of fluff and asked if I could spin it.  I told him that just about anything could be spun and asked him what it was...tee-hee...the stuffing from a baseball!  I found it recently at the bottom of the cedar chest and decided to spin it up.  It's plied with some wool pencil roving that's been sitting around for eons.  Ta-da!  Novelty Yarn :)  The best part?  I used up two things in the chest that were just taking up space.  Two down, 399,999,999,998 to go...

1 comment:

Gina said...

Well done you for sticking with the dooble enders:D Didn't realise you spun your own yarn...awesome! :D XXX