Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Upcycled Journal

Here is my first spread in my upcycled journal:
The "Top Secret" book is made from shipping tags glued to an accordion pleat.  This journal is made from an old National Geographic magazine, covered with a Trader Joe's paper bag and the endpapers are covered with newspaper.  I got the idea from Paula at Journal Artista who mentioned, in passing, the idea of making art journals from old magazines.  I loved the idea and just gave it a try because I couldn't find anything else about it online.  The fun thing about this spread is that it does indeed contain many secrets that I have written on the pages and under the embellishments, but they've been hidden by layers of paint!

No comments: