Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Monday, January 9, 2012

Altered Book Class

I had seven students attend my first Altered Book class yesterday!  We got a really good start on our books.  The first step is sanding down all the pages -- a messy, not terribly fun activity.  Then we applied gesso to prime the pages.  While the gesso was drying, we made tape transfers.  Then we spongepainted the pages.  Our final activity was to make plastic wrap webbing embellishments.  As usual, I forgot to take pictures until we were well into the process.  I did manage to get these:




The afternoon was filled with laughter, creativity, and munching (thanks for bringing the goodies, Julie!  The hummus was delicious :)  Those three hours just flew by.  I hope everyone had as good a time as I did.  Next Sunday we'll continue the process.  And I'll try to remember to take more pictures...

No comments: