Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pine Straw

I really scored this weekend.  While driving to give blood on Saturday, I noticed a grounds crew was raking up pine straw all along the street I was traveling on.  I pulled over and asked one of the workers what they did with it once they'd bagged it up and he said they throw it away.  I asked if I could come back and take some for my garden and he said absolutely.  So I got four huge bags of pine straw to mulch my garden for free.  I wish I'd been able to get more, but it wouldn't fit in my car.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next time the crews are out!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Wow! What a good score! Already raked and bagged no less! My lettuces and greens were doing good, but now we are getting rain non stop so I think it's about done.