Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Imaginary Creatures - day 1


Here are two of my drawings for the Imaginary Creatures class.  I did both with my non-dominant hand.  I discovered something interesting about myself while doing this assignment.  While I felt comfortable and in control drawing with my dominant hand, I really didn't like the end result.  So I switched to my right hand, and although it was really emotionally uncomfortable (i.e. not in control), I like the results much better.  It was as if I had "permission" to just draw without expectations for the outcome, since it was done with the "wrong" hand.  Sometimes not being in control is a good thing. 

1 comment:

Gayle said...

love the playfullness!!