Pages

Let me off the grid! A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

A journey toward artful, holistic living in the middle of Sin City...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

In the Middle of Nowhere...

http://www.goldwellmuseum.org/

On the outskirts of Rhyolite, Nevada you'll find a ghostly interpretation of The Last Supper.  Life-sized.  Just sitting there for anyone to come see.  When I heard about it I loaded my family into the car and made the drive from Las Vegas to Beatty.  After a delicious breakfast at a local restaurant, we followed the signs out of town and in a bit came upon this astounding collection of art sitting in the middle of nowhere.  What an audacious notion:  let's just create these sculptures and leave them for anyone who happens along.  The caretakers of this place are quite friendly and will ply you with numerous anecdotes about the art and artists.  Just ask.  In addition, Rhyolite is a stone's throw away and filled with all sorts of things to explore.  The whole day left me with much to ponder.  A perfect day trip, if you're in the area.  I quite recommend it.

No comments: